Wednesday, September 9, 2009

inspiring quotes in life

CHARM QUOTES

“Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.”
~This saying about charm by Albert Camus sums up what charm actually.

Enjoy the rest of the charm quotes..

“Charm” – which means the power to effect work without employing brute force – is indispensable to women. Charm is a woman’s strength just as strength is a man’s charm.”
~Havelock Ellis

“A plain woman is one who, however beautiful, neglects to charm. ”
~Edgar Saltus

“There’s a difference between beauty and charm. A beautiful woman is one I notice. A charming woman is one who notices me.”
~ John Erskine

“Modesty is the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it. ”
~Oliver Herford

“Charm is a glow within a woman that casts a most becoming light on others.”
~ John Mason Brown- This is my favorite charm quote

“I am bewitched with the rogue’s company. If the rascal have not given me medicines to make me love him, I’ll be hanged.”
~William Shakespeare

“Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.”
~Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

“There is no personal charm so great as the charm of a cheerful temperament.”
~Henry Van Dyke

“I’m convinced that it’s energy and humor. The two of them combined equal charm.”
~Judith Krantz

“Music hath charm to soothe a savage breast, To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.”
~William Congreve

“The horror no less than the charm of real life consists precisely in the recurrent actualization of the inconceivable”
~Aldous Huxley

“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.”
~Oscar Wilde

There are charms made only for distant admiration.
~Samuel Johnson

All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others.
~Cyril Connolly

“The charm, one might say the genius of memory, is that it is choosy, chancy, and temperamental: it rejects the edifying cathedral and indelibly photographs the small boy outside, chewing a hunk of melon in the dust”
~Elizabeth Bowen


INSTINCT QUOTES

“It is the rooted instinct in men to admire what is better and more beautiful than themselves.”
~James Russell Lowell

“If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.”
~ Bertrand Russell

“A good short-story writer has an instinct for sketching in just enough background to ground the specific story.”
~Lynn Abbey

“How instinct varies in the grov’lling swine, Compar’d, half-reasoning elephant, with thine! ‘Twixt that and reason what a nice barrier! Forever sep’rate, yet forever near!”
~Alexander Pope

“What is peculiar in the life of a man consists not in his obedience, but his opposition, to his instincts. In one direction or another he strives to live a supernatural life.”
~Henry David Thoreau

“Nature never appeals to intelligence until habit and instinct are useless. There is no intelligence where there is no change and no need of change.”
~H. G. Wells

My favorite instinct quote, “Instinct must be thwarted just as one prunes the branches of a tree so that it will grow better.”
~ Henri Matisse

“The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to you and you don’t know how or why.”
~Albert Einstein

“A good artist lets his intuition lead him wherever it wants.”
~Lao-Tzu

“Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.”
~Oprah Winfrey

“The only real valuable thing is intuition.”
~Albert Einstein

“With the exception of the instinct of self-preservation, the propensity for emulation is probably the strongest and most alert and persistent of the economic motives proper”
~ Thorstein Veblen

“A few strong instincts and a few plain rules.”
~ William Wordsworth

“There can be as much value in the blink of an eye as in months of rational analysis.”
~Malcolm Gladwell – This is about the latest Instinct quote..

“Truly successful decision making relies on a balance between deliberate and instinctive thinking.”
~Malcolm Gladwell

Another new Instinct quote:
I rely far more on gut instinct than researching huge amounts of statistics.
~Richard Branson

Very old one:
“I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean.”
~Socrates

“You do what’s in your gut- if you’ve been doing it long enough, what’s in your gut will be appropriate.”
~ Anderson Cooper

“Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs.”
~Pablo Picasso

FATHER’S DAY QUOTES

These Father’s day Quotes and sayings are dedicated to all the sons and daughters who will celebrate being the child of the greatest men in our lives. Here are some Fathers day quotes for all the sons and daughters.
You may want to surprise your dad with this gift.

We start with this cute father’s day quote:
The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!
~Author Unknown

“He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father’s wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father’s care. ”
~William Penn

“It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.”
~Anne Sexton

“The kind of man who thinks that helping with the dishes is beneath him will also think that helping with the baby is beneath him, and then he certainly is not going to be a very successful father”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

“It is a wise father that knows his own child.”
~ William Shakespeare

Here is a Funny Father’s day quote:
“What’s all this fuss about fathers being present at the birth of their children? The way events are shaping, they’ll be lucky to be present at the conception.”
~George H. Davies

Another Funny one:
“Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.”
~Bill Cosby

“My father always used to say that when you die, if you’ve got five real friends, you’ve had a great life.”
~Elbert Hubbard

“A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.”
~ Enid Bagnold

“A bad father has never a good son”
~ Latin Proverb

“Fifth Commandment: Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”
~Exodus 20:12

“Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough”
~ Wilhelm Busch

“A man knows he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.”
~Gabriel Garcia Marquez

“Lucky that man whose children make his happiness in life and not his grief, the anguished disappointment of his hopes. ”
~ Euripedes

This is a quote about parents:
“Children learn to smile from their parents.”
~Shinichi Suzuki

“A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.”
~ Unknown Author

“Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad”
~Old Proverb

“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.”
~George Herbert

HYPOCRISY QUOTES
O, what may man within him hide, Though angel on the outward side!
~ William Shakespeare

We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach.
~ Bertrand Russell

Hypocrisy is an homage that vice renders to virtue.
~François, Duc De La Rochefoucauld,

Every man alone is sincere. At the entrance of a second person, hypocrisy begins.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hypocrisy is the homage which vice pays to virtue.
~ La Rochefoucauld

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity.
~André Gide

If it were not for the intellectual snobs who pay, the arts would perish with their starving practitioners - let us thank heaven for hypocrisy.
~Aldous Huxley

A great deal of what passes for current Christianity consists in denouncing other people’s vices and faults.
~Henry H. Williams

An ounce of hypocricy is worth a pound of ambition.
~ Michael Korda

The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else.
~Frederic Bastiat on Hypocrisy

College football today is one of the last great strongholds of genuine old-fashioned American hypocrisy.
~Gallagher, Noel

They are not all saints who use holy water.
~English Proverb on hypocricy

We are not hypocrites in our sleep
~ William Hazlitt quotes

Be hypocritical, be cautious, be Not what you seem but always what you see.
~Lord Byron

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy.
~Oscar Wilde


CHILDHOOD QUOTES
There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book.
~ Marcel Proust

If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.
~Carl Jung

Teach your child to hold his tongue, He’ll learn fast enough to speak.
~Benjamin Franklin

Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
~ Erik Erikson

The hardest job kids face today is learning good manners without seeing any.
~Fred Astaire

Childhood is a short season.
~Helen Hayes

What children expect from grownups is not to be ‘understood’, but only to be loved, even though this love may be expressed clumsily or in sternness. Intimacy does not exist between generations - only trust.
~Carl Zucker

Beat your child once a day. If you don’t know why, he does.
~Chinese proverb

Childhood is a promise that is never kept.
~Ken Hill


CHEATING QUOTES
“It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver.”
~Niccolo Machiavelli

“Anything worth having is a thing worth cheating for.”
~ W. C. Fields

“Doubtless the pleasure is as great Of being cheated as to cheat.”
~Samuel Butler

And a wisdom saying about lying, or how not to get caught lying:
“If the fish had not opened its mouth, it would never have been caught”

And a funny quote in cheating by Woody Allen:
“When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”

“It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.”
~Samuel Johnson

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating
~ Sophocles

“When I’m not near the girl I love, I love the girl I’m near.”
~ E.Y Harburg

“We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal.”
~Tennessee Williams

The first and worst of all frauds is to cheat one’s self. All sin is easy after that.
~Pearl Bailey

All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy.
~ Scott Alexander

“Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.”
~ Salvador Dali

“The history of persecution is a history of endeavors to cheat nature, to make water run up hill, to twist a rope of sand.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Cheating was easy, but impossible to go back to.”
~Dean Osborne

Three things are men most likely to be cheated in, a horse, a wig, and a wife
~Benjamin Franklin

“See what it is to play unfair!

Where cheating is, there’s mischief there.
~ William Blake

“It is as impossible for a man to be cheated by anyone but himself, as for a thing to be, and not to be, at the same time.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Honesty is the best policy.
~ Don Quixote.

“A woman’s desire for revenge outlasts all her other emotions”
~ Cyril Connolly

He that cheats another is a knave; but he that cheats himself is a fool.
~Karl G. Maeser




MY BOYFRIEND LEFT ME QUOTES
My boyfriend left me for a guy. Then decided he still wanted me. He hurt me more times than I can count.
~ This is something that has happened to a lot of people

Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies.
~ This is so true.

You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back.
~ This is not true and sometimes they do come back.

My heart was taken by you… broken by you… and now it is in pieces because of you.
~ Oh.. so sad to hear that.. Love can be such pain at times

Love is like falling down… in the end you’re left hurt, scarred, and with a memory of it forever.
~ You fall down in slow motion

You’re the one who broke my heart, you’re the reason my world fell apart, you’re the one who made me cry, yet I’m still in love with you and I don’t know why.
~ That is the travails of love my friend

A million words would not bring you back, I know because I’ve tried, neither would a million tears, I know I’ve cried.
~ This is so lovely…

Wanting him is hard to forget, loving him is hard to regret, losing him is hard to accept, but even with all the hurt I’ve felt, letting go is the most painful yet.
~ We can understand..

Sometimes the memories are worth the pain.
~ Oh yes.. so true

Sometime you just have to hold your head up high, blink away the tears and say good-bye.
~ This seem to the most intelligent choice.. We need to learn to move on

For a few minutes you made me feel as though I actually meant something to someone.
~ That is what hurts even more.

We are afraid to care to much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.
~ But we care nevertheless

People think it is holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it’s letting go.
~ Absolutely right

I made a choice to finally let go, because I can’t stand the pain, it’s time for my last tear to fall and smile again.
~ You made the right choice again…

I cried today… not because I miss you… or even wanted you… but because I realized I’m gonna be all right without you.
~ Oh Poor thing…

I wish he meant it when he kissed me cause then I could look back and see someone who loved me but I can only go back and see someone who used me.
~ Such a Pr***…

You always say you hate to see me hurt, and you hate to see me cry. So all those times that you hurt me, did you close your eyes?
~Maybe he was lying…

Sad isn’t it? How no matter what you do or say to me… when you come running back… when you need me again… I’ll be here… right here waiting for you, I’ll take you back… no questions asked. Sad isn’t it?
~ It really is sad, more so because it is so true

So… from now on… when you think of me… just remember that I could’ve been the best thing you ever had.
~ Hope he remembers that

You hurt me more then I deserve, how can you be so cruel? I love you more then you deserve, why am I such a fool?
~ We are all fools to have fallen in love in the first place

You asked me what was wrong, I smiled and said nothing, when you turned around and a tear came down and I whispered to myself… everything is.
~ This is so sad an so true..

You wonder why I don’t talk to you anymore and please believe me when I say it’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that everything I want to say I can’t tell you anymore.
~ You are doing the right thing

I don’t know which I would rather believe… that you never did care or that you eventually stopped.

Hold my hand, just one more time, so I can remind myself why it is that I can’t get over you.

I think its time I let you go… and that is hard to do because part of me will be in love with you for the rest of my life.

While I was holding on all you did was let go.

Sometimes it’s better to be alone. No one can hurt you that way.

I just wonder how many people never get the one they want, but end up with the one they’re supposed to have.

The hardest thing about growing up is that you have to do what is right for you even if it means breaking someone’s heart. Including your own.

All I’m asking for is one night together. Just you and me. All alone. And if you can honestly say you don’t feel anything for me after that night, I will finally let you go.

Sometimes all you need is a broken heart to realize that something even better is right in front of our eyes, just waiting to be found.

No one can promise they’ll never hurt you because at one time or another, it will happen. The real promise is if the time you spend together will be worth the pain in the end.

The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve been used and lied to.

Maybe they are right. Maybe I did get my hopes up too high. Maybe I was in over my head. Maybe I am the stupid one for ever thinking that you loved me, but maybe, just maybe, I am tired of being alone.

Every time I see him all cool, calm and collected, I lose my breath, my heart starts pounding, and I am painfully aware that I am not over him and he is over me.

I don’t know which is worse, being the one with the broken heart or being the person that breaks the hearts.

It’s not that we aren’t meant to be together, I think that we’re just not ready for forever.

You always have an out. An exit strategy to make sure you don’t get hurt. You always walk always. You walk away before they can walk away from you.

Today was just one of those days where everything I did reminded me of you and every song I heard somehow related to you. I hate days like today, because they remind me of the one thing I dont have.

There were reasons we met, reasons for the good times and reasons for the bad times, and most importantly a reason to end. We have more to learn, more to experience and more loving to do in this lifetime.

Somehow I know we’ll meet again, not quite sure where and not sure when, your in my heart so until then good-bye.

Broken heart again. Another lesson learned. Better know your friends. Or you will get burned.

This time it’s over I’m keeping my heart, I’m gonna be strong and not fall apart… it’ll get better, I’ll no longer cry… in a couple of weeks I won’t want to die, I won’t want to go back. I’ll be able to sleep, it won’t hurt so bad and it won’t hurt so deep!

I would like to thank you, for showing me a part of myself that I have never seen. Yeah we were young and dumb, but it still was fun and I guess these things just tend to fall apart and I hope you feel the same.

Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow; we must fail in order to know. Sometimes our vision only clears after our eyes are washed away with tears.

Walk home drowning these memories in the rain biting my lip to transfer this pain, your gone and I’m still going through withdrawals, next time around I’ll build a stronger wall.

HUG QUOTES

Here are some Hug Quotes and some sayings on hugging and be hugged.

“You can’t wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug. ”
~Author Unknown

“I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time.”
~Drew Barrymore, Ah!!! How I would like to meet her..

“You can’t give a hug without getting a hug.”
~Author Unknown

“A Hug Is Two Hearts Wrapped In Arms”
~Unknown

“A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance.”
~Proverb

” A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip.”
~Terri Guillemets

“The best gift you can give is a hug: one size fits all and no one ever minds if you return it”

“Hug your friends tight, but your enemies tighter - hug ‘em so tight they can’t wiggle.”
~ Lyndon B. Johnson

“If you hug to yourself any resentment against anybody else, you destroy the bridge by which God would come to you”
~Peter Marshall

“Of all the riches that we hug, of all the pleasures we enjoy, we can carry no more out of this world than out of a dream.‚”
~ John S. Bonnell

“Men greet each other with a sock on the arm, women with a hug, and the hug wears better in the long run.‚”
~Edward Hoagland

“My old father used to have a saying: If you make a bad bargain, hug it all the tighter‚”
~ Abraham Lincoln

” A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away.”
~Bil Keane

” A hug is the shortest distance between friends.”
Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment